Data retention question

Graham Cobb g+ukcrypto at cobb.uk.net
Thu Jul 17 12:04:16 BST 2014

On 17/07/14 10:38, Ian Batten wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be a venue for subject matter experts to offer their knowledge to MPs in the
> large.  You can correspond with your own MP, but if it's not something on their radar then it's
> not clear how you make input to other MPs.

The channels to MPs seem to be lobbyists, think tanks and party policy
units.  Unfortunately, those all choose their experts to match their
existing views, rather than the other way round.

The only way to educate MPs on crypto policy is to turn it into a major
public issue -- in a similar way to global warming.  Then they will at
least be willing to be educated to the "sound bite" level -- we can't
hope for better than that.