Data retention question

Graham Cobb g+ukcrypto at cobb.uk.net
Tue Jul 15 21:28:54 BST 2014

On 15/07/14 21:03, Peter Fairbrother wrote:
> A better answer - the sort of data you mention are not regularly
> collected in bulk in the UK. The types of data which are regularly
> collected in bulk are fairly limited [1], and relate mostly to calls and
> texts.

But for mobile phone calls, location (Cell ID) is on that list...

> [1] SCHEDULE
> Data necessary to identify the location of mobile communication equipment
>
> 10.  (1)  The cell ID at the start of the communication.

So, can we be sure that because location is NOT on that list for other
types of communication, it is not collected or available for them?

So, if you are not being individually targetted, you can avoid having
your location recorded by avoiding using voice calls (use texts and/or
VoIP instead)?