Data retention directive "invalid"

Clive D.W. Feather clive at davros.org
Wed Apr 9 21:41:58 BST 2014

Peter Fairbrother said:
> However I don't think it actually matters much whether the Regulations
> are invalid or whether they are technically still valid but you don't
> have to obey them.
>
> I haven't (yet) come across a credible theory which demands that they
> still must be obeyed ...

The Regulations were made legally. We may believe that a lack of valid
Directive behind them makes them ultra vires, but no court has said that
yet. Until one does, you're surely bound to obey them.

--
Clive D.W. Feather          | If you lie to the compiler,
Email: clive at davros.org     | it will get its revenge.