BBC News - 'Fresh proposals' planned over cyber-monitoring

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed May 29 10:43:29 BST 2013

In article <20130528174818.00006dad at surtees.fenrir.org.uk>, Brian Morrison
<bdm at fenrir.org.uk> writes
>> I think in 2013 I can expect the notorious Roland Perry to be able to
>> look something up on the web.
>
>Only where it advances his argument ;-)

It certainly does no harm to quote extracts of a document one is referencing,
if the extract supports one's case. It also helps guard against link-rot and
paywalls, let alone (going back to my reply to Francis) avoiding making the
assumption that everyone has always-on connectivity.

Like this, for example:

In the thread "Buckinghamshire CC ANPR cameras" someone asks:

>I'd like to see some evidence that the registration plates on cars
>driving past my house are personal data.  Whose?  And why?

http://ec.europa.eu/justice/policies/privacy/docs/wpdocs/2007/wp136_en.pdf

        "a person may be identified directly by name or indirectly by a
        telephone number, a car registration number, a social security
        number, a passport number or by a combination of significant
        criteria which allows him to be recognized by narrowing down the
        group to which he belongs (age, occupation, place of residence,
        etc.)".