Biggest Fake Conference in Computer Science

Caspar Bowden (travelling) tharg at gmx.net
Thu Mar 28 12:43:21 GMT 2013

On 28/03/13 11:52, Richard Clayton wrote:
> ever since they accepted an MIT paper
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4449651.stm

I have read worse-drafted abstracts for (very bad indeed) privacy
conferences, but if one squints really hard between the lines one can
_almost_ make sense of what the abstract might be trying to say.

Comp.sci as Rorschach blot.

CB

http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/scigen/rooter.pdf
ABSTRACT
Many physicists would agree that, had it not been for
congestion control, the evaluation of web browsers might never
have occurred. In fact, few hackers worldwide would disagree
with the essential unification of voice-over-IP and public-
private key pair. In order to solve this riddle, we confirm that
SMPs can be made stochastic, cacheable, and interposable.