Interesting article about NSA facility and capabilities

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Mar 27 15:13:58 BST 2012

In article <20120327143653.00000c18 at surtees.fenrir.org.uk>, Brian
Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> writes
>> The remainder are a bit like people driving round in
>> cars with heavily tinted windows - makes you wonder what they are
>> trying to hide.
>
>I now have a car fitted with these as standard by the manufacturer, one
>reason for their increasing popularity is that they reduce the heat
>load into the car in bright sunshine and make the rear set passengers a
>lot more comfortable. It's rarely anything to do with hiding anything,
>except for hiding goods in the back of an estate car from prying eyes.

I hide the things in the back of my estate car with a tonneau cover.

The suspicion (which would need to be confirmed by investigation) is
that the invisible driver of a car with heavily tinted windows is doing
things like illegally using their mobile phone.

And in the rare circumstances you were looking for a particular
perpetrator, you'd need to get them to stop; whereas lone grannies with
clear windows would obviously not be the car full of teenage thieves you
were looking for.