Buckinghamshire CC ANPR cameras

John Wilson tugwilson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 17:36:13 GMT 2012

On 6 January 2012 17:10, Roland Perry <lists at internetpolicyagency.com> wrote:
> In article
> <CAJkBBXUb=k96OL5WUKagn60vJR6LEWC=3PZYnNbHXUEyXszaLg at mail.gmail.com>, John
> Wilson <tugwilson at gmail.com> writes
>
>> ucks County Council have installed about a dozen ANPR cameras on
>> roads leading in to Aylesbury and in Aylesbury town centre as part of
>> a central Government funded "Urban Traffic Management" scheme.

>> Has anybody got experience of similar schemes in other places?
>

> I have no extra details, but last year ago it was announced that large
> numbers of car movements in Royston were to be logged by CCTV.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-13789111
> <http://www.no-cctv.org.uk/blog/roystons_anpr_ring_of_steel_-_the_shape_o
> f_things_to_come.htm>

Thanks, Roland - I remember that one - they were Police ANPR cameras.
These are council ones and I've not come across Council owned and
operated ANPR cameras before.

If I remember correctly a guy in Royston was warned off by the Police
because he put the location of the cameras on a web site.

This is where the Bucks CC cameras are located
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=211048623917040305292.0004b5b82468bc84f7974&msa=0

To their credit Bucks CC do intend to put the locations on their web
site and put up signs saying what the cameras do.

John Wilson