Unsecured wifi might be contributory negligence

Derek Fawcus dfawcus+lists-ukcrypto at employees.org
Tue Feb 21 17:12:52 GMT 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 04:00:56PM +0000, Roland Perry wrote:

> Would that reasonable person deny the CORGI gas installer scheme, or the
> need for CE marks on some equipment, on the grounds they might not be
> able to pass the qualification or test the apparatus themselves?  What's
> needed here is public awareness that certain standards need to be met,
> then you can find the equipment (and if necessary installers) to meet
> that standard.

I'd suggests there is a significant difference.

wrt CORGI,  there is a risk of death;  and widespread damage for poor installations.

As to CE marks - as I recall they're a joke,  being a self certification scheme.

So the comparision to a situation where copyright infringment is the risk
is not really valid.

.pdf