Unsecured wifi might be contributory negligence

Andrew Cormack Andrew.Cormack at ja.net
Thu Feb 16 13:37:29 GMT 2012

<snip>

> But once there are
> measures in place that make it clear an invitation is not being
> extended, even if those measures are defeatable, then I think that
> argument evaporates.

I did spot an SSID recently that made it *very* clear (in words of four and three letters) that an invitation was *not* being extended. However I doubt that'll make it into any ISP's default access point setting any time soon ;-)

Lord Errol put the case of the confused access point owner rather well during the DEA debate in the Lords, IIRC

Andrew

--
Andrew Cormack
Chief Regulatory Adviser