Card transactions by proxy

Leon Clarke leon at leonclarke.org
Wed Mar 30 21:32:27 BST 2011

It could be that this is legally viewed as a card present transaction
that's been conducted using a non-approved computer system (which just
happens to use an approved website as one of its components, but has
other components like the PC that aren't approved for how they're
being used).
This is a massive breach of the local authority's agreement with the
acquiring bank that runs their website's card processing.