Actionfraud

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Mar 30 22:25:18 BST 2011

In article <op.vs57b4rm6hl8nm at clerew.man.ac.uk>, Charles Lindsey
<chl at clerew.man.ac.uk> writes
>> As for the legality of filtering outgoing (or indeed incoming)
>>emails;   they are either being dropped, or "returned to sender",
>>neither of which   is interception.
>
>It all boils down to that "whether it has been made available to a
>person"  business that got us bogged down with Phorm.

Not quite, because filtering out Spam can be considered as a bona-fide
management issue by the ISP, and therefore exempt.

Just like Virus scanning, which if we accept for a moment is
Interception because it's made available to a machine with a sysadmin -
or whatever that argument is - doesn't break the law for the same
reason.