outsourcing GP appointments to India: is this legal under DPA?

Andrew McLean lists at andros.org.uk
Tue Jan 18 19:56:44 GMT 2011

On 16/01/2011 14:01, Matthew Pemble wrote:
> It's not good enough for CESG. At a basic level, you can copy the
> material other than using the computer - a photo of the screen or just
> writing it down would be enough for data sensitive other than through
> mere bulk. The "information" has clearly transfered to a human located
> in India ...
Another analogous situation is export controls on "technologies" (i.e.
intangibles). Do you think anyone would get away with "Your honour I
didn't export the plans for the ****, they remained on a server in the
UK. Yes, they could be viewed on a client workstation in Iran, but the
plans stayed in the UK".

Andrew