NHS Number

Francis Davey fjmd1a at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 20:13:09 GMT 2011

On 10 January 2011 16:30, Fearghas McKay <fm-lists at st-kilda.org> wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2011, at 16:15, Ian Batten wrote:
>> Did you manage to get them to tell you why they wanted it?
> If you are renting a property and do a runner/stop paying rent - the landlord can go to court and get an arrestment on wages/salary via the NI number.

In England and Wales that would be an attachment of earnings order.
You _can_ apply for such an order even if you don't know the
defendant's NI number or indeed the identity of their employer. In
practice you'd apply for the debtor to be questioned and if they
refused to supply the relevant information you'd ask the court to
commit them to prison. Very few former landlords are sufficiently
bloody minded to do so.

Francis Davey

More information about the ukcrypto mailing list