Iran GPS Spoofing and the RSA Cipher

John Young cryptome at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 24 15:11:53 GMT 2011

And the original author's response to latest UK Crypto messages:

[Quote]

Thanks for these interesting comments. I dunno exact details
about RSA's use in GPS', and I know absolutely nothing about
the architecture of GPS' PKI, etc.; that Princeton PowerPoint
is my only source of knowledge about RSA's use, so it is nice
to read the more educated speculations of others.

[Unquote]

PowerPoint that mentions GPS' use of RSA:

http://grothserver.princeton.edu/~groth/frs144s06/Presentations/Andrew_Pres
entation.ppt

An article which elaborates on the topic, citing Lockheed Martin,
also a target of ComodoHacker, as the drone manufacturer (DE):

http://www.tech-blog.net/comodohacker-gps-spoofing-durch-den-iran-rsa/

And, the original author comments on the Tech-Blog article:

[Quote]

Lockheed Martin & Boeing make the satellites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA-206

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA-213

[Unquote]

Another reader points to the US Army's GPS FAQ:

https://gps.army.mil/gps/customcontent/gps/faq.htm

The Cryptome file has added a link to UK Cryptography archives.