Reporting scam emails to Met Police

Peter Tomlinson pwt at iosis.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 17:56:59 GMT 2011

So, if its OK for me to try to summarise, it seems that the police wish
to have evidence of an actual gain or loss (as appropriate) but without
that evidence they do not want to be pro-active in blocking either
phishing emails or those scam emails that offer you loadsamoney if only
you reply. It is therefore left to the internet community (via
organisations such as Cloudmark) to do the pro-active work.

I think that we deserve better. Meanwhile I still want PlusNet to stop
blocking my attempts to report phishing emails to the banks whose
customers they are tickling up (but I do restrict that to the banks that
I use) and to HMRC when its an attack on taxpayers. But thanks for the
APWG information, and I will try reporting to them (although their site
does indicate that using their online form might be the best way).

Peter