RIP consultation responses

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Apr 8 17:17:23 BST 2011

In article <E7EBA69A-2289-425C-8D25-5A28B469CCDC at batten.eu.org>, Ian
Batten <igb at batten.eu.org> writes
>The fun would start when you consider public WiFi services, and whether
> a service offered in Costa constitutes a pts.

My understanding of "public" in this context has always been "all you
need as a qualification is money". So as long as you have the price of a
cup of coffee in your pocket... (or maybe even nothing, if they fail to
link the use of the wifi with a purchase).

Contrast with Andrew's users, who are not on a public network because
you generally have to be staff or registered as a student to qualify to
use them.