RIP consultation responses

Andrew Cormack Andrew.Cormack at ja.net
Fri Apr 8 14:43:53 BST 2011

Richard
Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately it seems they haven't addressed the many problems that were pointed out in the responses with defining "unintentional interception" in a way that doesn't capture lots of legitimate activities :(

Can anyone explain why I'm *not* going to be in line for a monetary penalty next time I turn on my wifi laptop in a populated area (given the nature of radio I'll undoubtedly receive communications that aren't intended for me), or the owner of an iPad when it fails to stop using the IP address when the DHCP lease runs out?

Andrew

--
Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser, JANET(UK)
Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell, Didcot. OX11 0SG UK

JANET, the UK's education and research network