Card transactions by proxy

Peter Mitchell otcbn at callnetuk.com
Wed Apr 6 13:49:39 BST 2011

Roland Perry wrote  on 6-04-11 11:31:
> In article <4D9C3B5F.4050402 at callnetuk.com>, Peter Mitchell
> <otcbn at callnetuk.com> writes
>> Huge numbers of unauthorised DDs have been deducted by utility and
>> other companies in the past few years and none of them have ever had
>> their DD rights removed AFAIK, even when a consumer's complaint has
>> been upheld.
>
> I suspect that by "unauthorised" you mean "in commercial dispute with an
> existing customer"

That is the most common kind, where the utility suddenly ups
the amount it takes, against the consumer's wishes. I had
one just the other month.

(I'll post an example shortly). Rather than amounts
> debited completely without notice, or when the individual has never been
> their customer.

They happen too, for example where energy or phone customers
suddenly get switched to another supplier without asking to.

--
Pete Mitchell