Verfied by Visa finally gets outed

James Firth james2 at jfirth.net
Wed Oct 20 12:16:14 BST 2010

> > Regulation 61 of the Payment Services Regulations 2009:
> >
> > http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2009/209/regulation/61/made
> >
> > (see: lawyers are some use 8-).
>
> It's worth noting that this makes no material change to the law as it
> stood before.  But it may still help, as the FSA seems to think it's
> reflects a change, and perhaps some banks think the same.  And it gives
> the customer something easy to point to.

I thought it did - since it gives similar legal protection to debit card
transaction as credit card transactions?

My understanding is that previously debit card transactions were protected
only by the Banking Code, whereas credit card transactions protected by the
Consumer Credit Act 1974.

James Firth