Contactless bank cards

Peter Tomlinson pwt at iosis.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 07:22:37 GMT 2010

Mary, are you sure that you are not thinking about mag stripe hotel
cards? Like mag stripe transport tickets, electromagnets can corrupt
those. However, very simple chip memory cards (not capable of having any
authentication handshake) might be corrupted by interference effects
from electronic equipment or even from the RF field generated by a spark.

Peter