Consultation on change to RIP interception definition

Ian Batten igb at batten.eu.org
Thu Nov 11 20:47:10 GMT 2010

On 11 Nov 2010, at 20:24, Mary Hawking wrote:

> Does the owner of the account have the legal authority to give consent on
> behalf of all users of that account,

No.   That was the line BT tried to take with Phorm, and there's not the beginning of a legal basis for it.    If CSPs want to try this, they should put wording into contracts with their customers to attempt to impose obligations between their customers and unspecified third parties who are not signatories to the contract, and see how far it gets them.

ian