Here we go again - ISP DPI, but is it interception?

Peter Sommer peter at pmsommer.com
Fri Jul 30 17:28:43 BST 2010

If you read the article that Chris Edwards pointed to:

  http://www.pmsommer.com/CLCMA1205.pdf

you'll get a better idea of why the District Judge came to that particular finding.  He wasn't impressed that Dan Cuthbert had tried to blag his way out of the situation instead of being immediately straight-forward with the police.

As Nick Bohm says,  this was a decision in a lower court on the facts;  it doesn't set a precedent.

You'll see that I had two Computer Misuse cases running at the same time;  I had anticipated "persuading" in the case of Cuthbert and failing in the case of Lennon.  In fact it was the other way around - though Lennon lost on appeal.

Peter Sommer

--
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL IS CONFIDENTIAL AND LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.  IT IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE NAMED ABOVE. IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE ANY DISTRIBUTION, COPYING OR DISCLOSURE OF THIS E-MAIL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER BY E-MAIL IMMEDIATELY AND DESTROY THE ORIGINAL