Backup windows share with rsbackup?

Samuel Wolf samuelwolf85 at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 16 15:56:26 BST 2017

Hi,

I search for an solution to backup a windows share with rsbackup.

My first idea was a pre-host script to mount the windows share direct on
the rsbackup server (tmp dir).
Unfortunately rsbackup mean this is a local share and try to backup it also
if the windows client was down.

So I write a short bash script which try to ping the client, mount (cifs)
the windows share (if online) and rsync the data to
the rsbackup server. Now I point a rsbackup host to this directory and
rsbackup do his work.

This is a workaround, maybe there is a better solution?

Samuel