rjk at terraraq.org.uk
Sun Jun 29 14:07:07 BST 2014
I have released rsbackup version 1.0.
rsbackup is a backup tool that uses rsync to back up your files to
* It uses rsync’s ability to hardlink unchanged files together to
keep multiple copies with at only the space cost of the
* Backups may be taken from multiple machines (using SSH) and
stored to multiple filesystems, which could be fixed or external
* Old backups are removed automatically, according to a per-volume
policy giving maximum age and minimum number of backups.
* The current backup status can be generated as a file or sent
as an email, with plain text and HTML format supported.
* Hook features are provided to allow operator-supplied programs to
be run at key points during the backup process, to ensure that
devices are mounted, to support backing up via snapshots, etc.
Changes in 1.0:
* New --dump-config option to verify configuration file parse.
* New --check option to rsbackup-mount.
* Configuration files are now read in a fixed order.
* The --force option no longer implies the --verbose option. (This
was a bug.)
* Bug fixes.
More information about the sgo-software-announce