[Debian-uk] Debian presence at events in UK and Ireland

Jonathan McDowell noodles at earth.li
Sat Jul 22 14:53:31 BST 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 11:27:20AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I've been speaking to people at Open Labs in Tirana about some of the
> events I've attended in the UK and there are a couple of people who
> would be interested in visiting there either next time there is a
> MiniDebConf or for other events with a Debian presence or free software
> theme.
>
> Is there anything in the next 6 - 12 months that comes to mind?

I don't think 2018 is confirmed yet, but there's BelFOSS
(http://belfoss.eeecs.qub.ac.uk/) which has taken place towards the end
of January the past couple of years.

There's also Freenode #live! (https://freenode.net/live) in Bristol at
the end of October.

> Has anybody thought about another MiniDebConf at Cambridge this year?
>
> Groups in Switzerland are tracking events on http://www.freie-termine.ch
> - is there any UK equivalent?

Not aware of anything.

J.

--
... Life is a bitch, but some of the puppies are cute.