[Debian-uk] Distance The Regal - Steve's house

Andy Simpkins andy-debian at koipond.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 12:23:45 BST 2016

On 11/08/2016 00:07, Brett Parker wrote:
> On 10 Aug 23:46, Geert Stappers wrote:
>> What distance should I expect from Regal to Steve's place?
>>
>> * 3 minutes walking
>> * 15 minutes walking
>> * more
> Walking is about 30 to 45 minutes at an average pace... however, there
> are usually lifts available from the Regal to Steve's.
>
> Cheers,

I will have a car at one of the nearby car parks,  I mainly bring it so
people don't have to carry bags from the Regal to Steve & Jo's place
(and because I live further out of the city I would need to drive to
Steve and Jo's anyway)
I can offer a few people a lift, priority will be given to those who
would struggle to walk the distance.
Personally, I would walk the following route: Turn left out of the pub,
and take the first right onto Emmanuel Street, to the bus station,
across Christ's Pieces to Short Street and Four Lamps Roundabout, then
onto Midsummer Common heading to the right until you reach the river.
Follow the south river bank to the west until the Green Dragon bridge
where I would cross the river and then along Water Street/Water Lane.
finally onto Green End Road and follow that to Kendal Way.  that is a
slightly longer walk (goggle thinks 2.2 miles / 42 min and the shortest
route is 2.1 miles / 41 min) however if the weather is nice it is a most
pleasant walk :-)

/Andy