[Debian-uk] GPG keys and QR codes

Matthew Vernon matthewv at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sun Aug 18 16:14:37 BST 2013

On 17/08/13 09:32, Colin Tuckley wrote:
> With the BBQ coming up and the associated keysigning that implies I was
> thinking about ways of exchanging key fingerprints and it occurred to me
> that maybe QR Codes would help.

I'm a bit of a luddite, but I just use gpg-key2ps from the signing-party
package to produce a set of slips of paper to give people. It's easy for
me to be sure I've given out the correct fingerprint, and easy for the
other party to check the fingerprint against a key in due course. I'm
not sure I quite want to trust QR-codes...

Cheers,

Matthew
hoping to collect lots of signatures on Saturday :)