[Debian-uk] Ex-Debian AlphaServers looking for a new home

William Nelson wnelson at geeksoc.org
Wed Apr 4 00:22:00 BST 2012

Hi there,

If they're still available, I'd like to put in a request for the
AlphaServers. I'm from GeekSoc, a student Society at Strathclyde
University that's involved in computing, and we could put the machines
to some interesting uses I think, as well as using them as a learning
experience around the alpha architecture. This year we've been moving
away from our beige boxes of pentium IIs and IIIs and these sounds like
quite an interesting platform to try some new services for our members
and the wider community on.

With Regards,
Will Nelson
GeekSoc Admin Group