[Debian-uk] Debconf return train booking via Zagreb and Munich

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon May 2 14:21:51 BST 2011

Philip Hands writes ("Re: [Debian-uk] Debconf return train booking via Zagreb and Munich"):
> BTW were you relying on having a BahnCard for that price at all?
> (I was just wondering whether it's worth getting one before going on a
> spending spree)

I looked into that a couple of months ago and it seems only available
to residents of Germany.

> On Sun, 1 May 2011 00:55:57 +0100, Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> > My plan will be rather more expensive.  Feel free to book that if you
> > prefer.
>
> Well, the convenience of travelling in a pack and getting home earlier
> may well be worth the extra by that time in the journey, so I'd be
> interested in knowing the price.

I have just booked myself the following connection:

  Munich hbf			0650		wg.28 pl.61
  Frankfurt hbf		1004	1016		wg.38 pl.61
  Brussels midi		1335	1429		wg.11 pl.25
  London St Pancras	1526

I got a 1st class saver ticket for Eur122.50 including reservation
fee.  Reserved seating on the ICE is reasonably relaxed, but if you
want to join me on the Eurostar with this ticket we may have to phone
up to get the seating changed.

Ian.