[Debian-uk] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

Paul Sladen debian-uk at paul.sladen.org
Fri Mar 18 22:11:26 GMT 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Ian Jackson wrote:
> day to look around Sarajevo by myself, which produces quite a detour.

Yeah, because of the timings this was my conclusion too---preferable
to overshoot futher down the Balkan Peninsula, arriving to Banja Luka
from the south and exiting again to the north.

> I intend to book each tickets immediately bookings for it open,

Tentative plan is to Interrail it since that gives the ultimate
freedom to "pop via Berlin/Barcelona/Helsinki/Istanbul" etc for
nomimally the same price----you always have a valid ticket which just
makes life easier(tm) and gives better routeing flexibility too.

Interrail Global Pass 5/10 days is 259euros and should cover your
plan.  Interrail sadly doesn't cover the Eurostar (+/-120 euro return)
and you end up paying +/-15 euros for Couchettes per leg and +/-10
euros if you get on a TGV (nb. ICE is free now).  So probably 400euros
plus your Cambridge ticket, or 300 euros from anywhere else in Europe.

	-Paul