[Debian-uk] Road trip to DebConf 11?

Martin Meredith mez at debian.org
Sat Mar 5 21:49:34 GMT 2011

On 05/03/11 13:35, Jo Warner wrote:
> On 05/03/11 13:08, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> As DebConf is in Europe again this year, a group of us are considering
>> doing the trip by road. Yes, we're probably mad but the trip to
>> Extremadura was fun and we expect this to be as well!
>>
>>    http://j.mp/hxMx3g
>>
>> (www.viamichelin.com) suggests two reasonable routes cross-country
>> from Cambridge to Banja Luka, taking roughly 18 hours each. By
>> following the same plan as last time, I'd suggest something like:
>>
>>   * Leave Cambridge early morning Friday 22nd July
>>   * Drive across a big chunk of Europe for 11 to 12 hours
>>   * Stop somewhere in Austria overnight
>>   * Leisurely start on Saturday 23rd, leave noon-ish
>>   * Drive 5 to 6 hours to Banja Luka
>>
>> ** DEBCONF **
>>
>>   * Leave Banja Luka early morning on Sunday 31st July
>>   * Drive 11 to 12 hours
>>   * Stop somewhere on the France/Germany border overnight
>>   * Monday 1st August: continue on back to the UK
>>
>> So, who fancies it? :-)
>>
>> I'll put this in a wiki page at some point...
>>

> Can I have a seat in a car please.  Jo
I might also be persuaded to go.

Depending on how many want to go (and how much it's going to cost me for
hotel etc (might have to look into sponsorship?)) - I might be able to
bring a second car.  My insurance would cost me an extra £29 per week
(due to it being one of the countries that I'm exempted from in the EU),
though - I can quite happily put a second driver on for the duration of
the trip. (as I definately don't want to drive all that way)

Once the wiki page goes up - I'll add this info...