[Debian-uk] Road trip to DebConf 11?

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sat Mar 5 13:08:04 GMT 2011

Hey folks,

As DebConf is in Europe again this year, a group of us are considering
doing the trip by road. Yes, we're probably mad but the trip to
Extremadura was fun and we expect this to be as well!

  http://j.mp/hxMx3g

(www.viamichelin.com) suggests two reasonable routes cross-country
from Cambridge to Banja Luka, taking roughly 18 hours each. By
following the same plan as last time, I'd suggest something like:

 * Leave Cambridge early morning Friday 22nd July
 * Drive across a big chunk of Europe for 11 to 12 hours
 * Stop somewhere in Austria overnight
 * Leisurely start on Saturday 23rd, leave noon-ish
 * Drive 5 to 6 hours to Banja Luka

** DEBCONF **

 * Leave Banja Luka early morning on Sunday 31st July
 * Drive 11 to 12 hours
 * Stop somewhere on the France/Germany border overnight
 * Monday 1st August: continue on back to the UK

So, who fancies it? :-)

I'll put this in a wiki page at some point...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
You lock the door