[Debian-uk] Debconf return train booking via Zagreb and Munich

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Sat Apr 30 19:00:33 BST 2011

Hi Ian,

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:14:55 +0100, Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> I currently intend to book:
>
>   For Joachim Breitner, Philip Hands, and myself:
>     Sunday 31st July
>     Zagreb - Munich
>     dep 2115, arr 0615 Monday
>     One 3-person sleeper berth

BTW Any prediction for the of cost for that?

> I will do this tonight, when bookings open.

> Phil, are you returning via London ?  What do you think of the
> itinerary here:
>
>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2011/03/msg00769.html

Yes, my destination on the return is London.

BTW are you aware that there are discount tickets to/from Germany via
Brussels and the EuroStar?

Checking the preceding Monday (since sales are not yet open for the one
we actually want) there's a Munich-->London route:

München Hbf 	Mo, 25.07.11 	dep 	10:50 	22 	ICE 720 	Intercity-Express
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf 	Mo, 25.07.11 	arr 	14:04
 Transfer time 12 min. 		Adjust the transfer time
Frankfurt(Main)Hbf 	Mo, 25.07.11 	dep 	14:16 	  	ICE 14 	Intercity-Express
Bruxelles-Midi 	Mo, 25.07.11 	arr 	17:35
 transfer 45 min. 	Adjust the transfer time
Bruxelles-Midi EST 	Mo, 25.07.11 	dep 	18:50 	  	EST 9157 	EUROSTAR
Subject to compulsory reservation, Special ticket or supplement required, Please observe check-in times, Non-smoker train, Bistro Cafe
London St. Pancras International 	Mo, 25.07.11 	arr 	20:03

The quoted discount fair for that is 69 EUR

> If you like I can book tickets on those trains for you too.  I intend
> to go first class on ICE and Thalys if the prices are reasonable, but
> standard class on Eurostar, but I could be persuaded to go standard.

I'm not that bothered about 1st/2nd class, but will happily go 1st if
the price hike is not too much.

Cheers, Phil.