[Debian-uk] [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Apr 10 10:45:35 BST 2011

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 10.04.2011, 11:36 +0200 schrieb Philipp Kern:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 12:07:16AM +0530, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > BTW, there is a bus going from Germany (Mannheim, Karlsruhe, Stuttgart –
> > I’m offline at the moment, so this is from memory. I think it also stops
> > in Munich) directly to Banja Luka. This might be an interesting option
> > for the way there, especially for the Karlsruhers – Phil, what do you
> > think? I don’t have any detail yet about price and comfort level,
> > though.
>
> I'd rather perfer not spending 24h in a bus[1], TBH.  Night trains sound like a
> better idea to me.
>
> [1] From http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/tt/773f1/ which was pretty much
>     the first hit on Google.

my source is
http://www.busfahrkarte.eu/Fahrplan/bosnien/t416-deutschland-banjaluka-bijeljina.html
where the trip takes 16h (14:00 to 5:45), which is not too bad. And
given that there are no connections to miss, I think it’s something we
should alt least keep in mind.

But I agree that trains are nicer. I guess it depends on whether we can
conveniently reach Banja Luka from Novska. Is someone from the local
team reading this and can tell us if renting a car for that distance is
viable and affordable?

Greetings,
Joachim

--