[Debian-uk] [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Sat Apr 9 11:26:22 BST 2011

Joachim Breitner:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 08.04.2011, 16:00 +0100 schrieb Ian Jackson:
> > Erinn Clark writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] Trains from Debconf to Munich,
Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge"):
> > > I'm not sure if this is useful information for you, but I took a
> > > one-way on DB from Berlin to Zagreb for about 90 euros about a month
> > > ago. It was on sale, but a 225 euro round-trip seems reasonably
> > > likely.
> >
> > The very cheapest special offer singles on the day train Munich-Zagreb
> > are Eur39, dep Munich 0652 arriving Zagreb 1533.
> >
> > The sleeper, which I will be taking on the way back, depends on the
> > quality of accomodation and the number of people.  Here is what seat61
> >
> > says:
> >  3. Munich to Zagreb on the Lisinski:
> > 	  In a seat:	 In a couchette 		In the sleeping-car
> >
> >         	    		6-berth	4-berth		3-berth 2-berth single
> >
> >   One way	29	 	49 	59 		69 	79  	139
> >   Return	58 		98 	118 		138 	158 	278
> >
> > (All the above are the cheapest available special offer fares.)
> >
> > I will be travelling back on the sleeper departing on Sunday the 31st
> > of July in the sleeping car, and would be happy to share with 2 or 3
> > other Debconf attendees.  I will need to know by before the 1st of May
> > who will be joining me, as that's when bookings open.
>
> thanks for the info.
>
> When you say Munich → Zagreb, you refer to the same train as Thomas
> does, when talking about Munich → Novska, right? According to the data
> on http://wiki.earth.li/DebconfTravel2011, there is not a suitable train
> connection to Zagreb to Banja Luka (13 minutes is not enough after a
> night train). Thomas, do you already try to find out there is a way
> (e.g. a bus) to get from Novska to Banja Luka if we do not try to hire a
> car for a group of people? http://www.akz.hr/EN/voznired.aspx does not
> list any. From Zagreb to Banja Luka there are busses about every two
> hours, and they take three hours, according to the same webpage.
>
> On the way back, Ian’s choice of trains suit me perfectly from Banja
> Luka until Munich. Ian, will you book for everyone joining, so that we
> are sure to share one compartment? This would be doubly convenient for
> me as I am traveling in India on May 1st and could not book myself until
> later.
>
> For the way there, I’d be glad if more people would join me from Munich
> on. I plan to attend DebCamp, so I would depart on the 17th. Anybody
> interested? Or maybe DebConf is enough this year... guess I should make
> up my mind soon :-)
I did not find any suitable train of bus connection from either Zagreb nor
Novska to Banja Luka.
In Romania prices to rent a bus are amazingly cheap so I'd very much prefer to
kindly ask our hosts to arrange this for us.

If I'd end up being the only one coming from Zürich, I could also switch to
take the other train from Munich with you.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro