[Debian-uk] Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Fri Apr 8 09:18:08 BST 2011

Hi,

Am Montag, den 21.03.2011, 11:16 +0000 schrieb Ian Jackson:
> Thomas Koch writes ("Re: Trains from Debconf to Munich, Koeln, Paris, London, Cambridge"):
> > > Can you tell me where you got that information ?  bahn.hafas.de shows
> > > two departures from Munich at 23:40, the sleepers to Budapest and
> > > Zagreb (which are the same train at departure and split after
> > > Salzburg).  The Budapest sleeper (EN463) terminates at 08:49 and the
> > > Zagreb sleeper (D499) at 08:40.
> >
> > Yes, the Zagreb sleeper D499 stops at Okucani at 10:49. Just search
> > directly for München-Okucani. The train from Zürich arrives at
> > 12:53, so if you'd wait a little bit, a bus could be organised for
> > both trains.
>
> Ah, I see now.  Hrm, that might be a better plan than the train to
> Banja Luka itself.
>
> On the return trip, the sleeper for Munich via Zagreb departs Okucani
> at 18:55, compared to leaving Banja Luka at 1549 with an hour's change
> in Zagreb.
>
> I wouldn't rely on dinner being available on board.

Thomas put in the wiki that he is only joining for DebConf, not DebCamp.
What about you, Ian, are you taking the train for DebConf or DebCamp?

I’d like to attend both and also take the train from Munich, and would
appreciate company. Anybody interested?

Also, Thomas, do you a rough estimate how expensive the train is?
bahn.de does not give that information yet.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner