Upgrade Bullseye to Bookworm, and getting of rid of systemd?

lorenzo plorenzo at disroot.org
Thu Jun 22 22:03:46 BST 2023

Hi,

On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 14:26:57 -0400
Mason Loring Bliss <mason at blisses.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 08:05:06PM +0200, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 22 Jun 2023, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:
> >
> > >    apt --purge install sysvinit-core libnss-systemd-
> >
> > Why don’t you remove libnss-systemd *after* the reboot? Seems safer.
>
> I've noticed painfully long hangs with it, so I nuke it as soon as I
> can. It's just pain-avoidance.

This was already reported in 2019 [1,2], claimed to be fixed but I guess
it was not, or it's a regression..
It can cause several delays (dbus, exim,avahi,VT login ..) I think a
conflict in sysvinit-core would be appropriate

[1]  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=%23931356
[2]  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=940971