Upgrade Bullseye to Bookworm, and getting of rid of systemd?

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Thu Jun 22 01:07:06 BST 2023

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 12:04:09PM +0100, Ottavio Caruso wrote:

> Is it at least theoretically possible to upgrade (as opposite to
> install from scratch and/or converting Debian to Devuan) stock Debian
> Bullseye to Bookworm and getting rid of systemd?

You probably want to do it as two distinct steps to avoid some nightmarish
breakage. I'd recommend doing it before upgrading, as then you're doing it
on a system where you have more comfort, as opposed to something new.

Note that upgrading to Bookworm will force UsrMerge on you if you don't
pin it away first. That may or may not bother you, but I don't want to
touch it until it's no longer breaking dpkg, however that comes about.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason at blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I