Draft of email to debian-devel

Matthew Vernon matthew at debian.org
Tue Jun 20 11:05:44 BST 2023

Hi,

On 20/06/2023 10:41, Mark Hindley wrote:

> My personal view is that we should resist an orphan-cron-jobs package and keep
> cron jobs in their parent package. But others may disagree?

I agree (but don't know if we'll be able to).

> An initial draft for discussion is attached. All comments are very welcome.

Your draft is good; the thing I'd like to note is that supplying a
debian/copyright-compatible statement of licence is the thing that takes
most time (and I'd like to think package maintainers would already know)
- i.e. what the Copyright: line should be and what the licence is.

https://salsa.debian.org/matthew/orphan-sysvinit-scripts/-/blob/master/debian/copyright

Thanks,

Matthew