A package for orphaned sysvinit scripts

Matthew Vernon matthewv at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jan 6 20:33:04 GMT 2021

Hi,

TL;DR any comments on v 0.03 of
https://salsa.debian.org/matthew/orphan-sysvinit-scripts before I upload it?

Notes on what I included below:

On 02/01/2021 17:51, Mark Hindley wrote:

> The packages that Devuan has had to fork in the last year or so just to restore
> initscripts are (at least):

I took the init scripts from Debian from the packages listed below
(except where noted)

>   389-ds-base
>   dnscrypt-proxy
>   gpsd
>   iwd

I couldn't find one in the Debian repo, so took the Devuan one.

>   network-manager
>   pdns-recursor

This is built with --enable-systemd so I'm guessing doesn't in fact work
now regardless of init script? If that's wrong, happy to add it.

On 02/01/2021 21:48, James Cloos wrote:
 > pdns also now needs an init script.
 >
 > i've been using an old one recoverred courtesy of etckeeper.

I'm not sure what package is meant here (there isn't a pdns package in
unstable) - if you mean pdns-recursor, see my question above?

Regards,

Matthew