restart a service during boot?

Thorsten Glaser t.glaser at tarent.de
Sat Aug 14 00:51:14 BST 2021

On Fri, 13 Aug 2021, lorenzo wrote:

> I'm probably missing something but why udev need to run before anything
> else that depends on syslog?

I’m assuming it’s started from initramfs, probably to probe devices
that contain the root filesystem or something.

> Did you try something like (or some variation of) the following:
> (Not tested)

I was kinda asking for the canonical version, but not for “not tested”;
providing udev is asking for trouble, and ordering still isn’t handled…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/