RFS: socklog/2.1.0+repack-2 -- system and kernel logging services

Adam Borowski kilobyte at angband.pl
Mon Nov 2 07:54:35 GMT 2020

On Mon, Nov 02, 2020 at 04:02:35AM +0100, Mathieu Mirmont wrote:
> Dear kind init diversity folks,
>
> I was working on cleaning up the old socklog package some time ago.
> With the outcome of the previous GR and Dmitry leaving the project I
> did lose the motivation, but the package has been requested a few
> times, and I do use it regularly on a number of systems, so it would
> be nice to have it in bullseye.

Yeah, the state of things is disheartening -- which makes your help
massively more appreciated!

> Socklog is a system log daemon designed to integrate in runit, and in
> fact written by the creator of runit. It replaces syslogd/klogd for
> those who enjoy the zen of runit. This is the best place to find a
> sponsor I suppose.

Alas, I have no runit specific knowledge, thus any review I can offer isn't
adequate -- but with us all being undermanned, I did what I could.  That is,
I passed the runit bits without even looking at :/

>  * Package name    : socklog
>    Version         : 2.1.0+repack-2

> Changes since the last upload:
>
>  socklog (2.1.0+repack-2) unstable; urgency=medium
>  .
>    * control: bump debhelper compatibility level to 13
>    * control: bump debian policy to 4.5.0
>    * control: remove sysvinit scripts
>    * control: add Rules-Requires-Root
>    * source/lintian-overrides: refresh the file
>    * gitlab-ci.yml: refresh the file
>    * General cleanups

There's few generic-packaging bits, and they do make sense.  Uploaded.

Meow!
--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁