Feedbacks

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Jul 30 08:59:32 BST 2020

Hi Jérôme.

Jérôme Bardot - 26.06.20, 00:51:15 CEST:
[…]
> My last experiment is about less systemd stuff.

Just saw this mail today.

> I started a few months ago but at that time it just wasn't working.
> (can t remove systemd because there are some bugs on elogind if i
> understand well)
> Two days ago I retried and it was quite successful.
> I have to reboot twice and some "bugs" appear :
>
> - First not solve today (comments and help are welcome) the  nouveau
> drivers look not loaded (i used to use my graphic card with a splitter
> in order to have  dual screen) and i have to use my motherboard
> instead. I do not take the time to investigate enough.
> xrandr show me 2 new HDMI- where before i only have 2 DP-

I have no idea about that one.

> - Second sound alsa errors. I get my sound back doing 2 things (not
> investigate on the real action solve the issue) :
>  Install mdev and add a line "options snd_hda_intel index=1" in a
> /etc/modprobe.d/default.conf file. (show file for symptoms)

I use Pulseaudio and I have runit start it with the session, using what
I started here as user-services.git on the old Devuan gitlab, it appears
it has not been migrated to the new Gitea at git.devuan.org.

I never completed that in any way. I would like to make it work also
with system services and not use aliases but instead provide real shell
script or something like that as a command.

But so many other things.

> - Third, many software with systemd stuff dependencies … I added a
> list about what packages were removed.

That KDE / Plasma packages got removed does not make sense to me… I
still have them all with runit as PID 1 working just nice.

Well in a sense I bet it does. I believe I still need 'libpam-elogind-
compat'. Yep that is it:

% LANG=en apt purge libpam-elogind-compat
[…]
required:
[…]
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  gvfs* gvfs-backends* gvfs-daemons* k3b* k3b-extrathemes* k3b-i18n*
  kde-plasma-desktop* kde-standard* kinfocenter*
  libpam-elogind-compat* network-manager* network-manager-openvpn*
  network-manager-vpnc* plasma-desktop* plasma-nm*
  plasma-widgets-addons* plasma-workspace* plasma-workspace-wayland*
  sddm-theme-breeze* udisks2*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 20 to remove and 44 not upgraded.
After this operation, 83.4 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

Read about the purpose of the package in its description:

"""
 It allows libpam-elogind to satisfy libpam-systemd dependencies for
 packages which have not yet been updated.
"""

Best,
--
Martin