Response to active removal of initscripts

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Thu Jul 2 16:49:09 BST 2020

Colleagues,

Today's upload of network-manager has had its (working AFAIK) init script
removed. My bug[1] requesting its reinstatement has been downgraded to wishlist
without comment.

What suggestions does anybody else have for how to procede with this?

I incidentally discovered that in March the same maintainer had also closed and
archived (presumably to make it less obvious) without notification the
network-manager[2] and udisks2[3] bugs requesting support for the logind virtual
packages.

My feeling is that this marks a new level of anatagonism against anything that
is not systemd. But I may be overreacting?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

[1]  https://bugs.debian.org/964139