"Depends: logind" patches

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Tue Mar 5 15:04:48 GMT 2019

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 12:27:25AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> Known issues:
> gnome is reported to need real systemd.
> policykit-1 doesn't work unless compiled against elogind-dev.  dlopen?

We now have a fix for this: elogind upstream have made libelogind.so fully ABI
compatible with libsystemd.so. This means if libelogind0 Provides (versioned) ,
Conflicts and Replaces libsystemd0 and also includes a libelogind.so ->
libelogind.so symlink, packages (notably policykit-1, dbus, udisks2) compiled
against libsystemd-dev work correctly with elogind and no longer require
recompilation.

I will push sources for review later today.

Mark