Removing legacy distro support?

Jesse Smith jessefrgsmith at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 4 16:04:14 BST 2019

In what I hope will be my last SUSE-related update, I found out today
that while SysV init is not packaged for SUSE, other programs in the
sysvinit upstream repo are. In other words /sbin/init is not available
to SUSE users, but SUSE does make use of pidof, killall, etc and
packages them under the name sysvinit-tools. Since sysvinit-tools is
available in their repositories I am going to keep SUSE support in the
upstream code.

There was a lot of back and forth on this through other channels and it
was nice to find out how SUSE handles their sysvinit package.

- Jesse