[MBF] Moving mountnfs.sh script to runlevel 2

Dmitry Bogatov KAction at debian.org
Tue Jan 15 16:12:40 GMT 2019

[2019-01-13 21:13] KatolaZ <katolaz at freaknet.org>
> > Hello!
> >
> > During resolving issue #551555 of bin:initscripts, I discovered that
> > solution would be move `mountnfs.sh' initscript into runlevels (2 3 4 5).
> >
> > Historically, `mountnfs.sh' was present in runlevel S due the fact, that
> > bin:initscripts were responsible to mounting /usr. Nowdays, /usr is
> > mounted by initramfs, so many scripts could be moved from runlevel S to
> > runlevels (2 3 4 5).
>
> Dear Dmitry,
>
> I think we should discuss this a bit more, TBH. We
> are less than one week away from freeze, and such a change is
> improbable to percolate to all the affected packages.

Are you sure? According to [^1] soft freeze is 2019-02-12, hard freeze
2019-03-13.

Still, I do not propose to fit this change into buster, I am just
discussing bug filling. Those bugs will not be RC, they will be normal,
maybe even wishlist.

[^1] https://release.debian.org/buster/freeze_policy.html

> Also, this is a change that would need quite some testing in different
> situations before coming live and calling for an MBF, IMHO.

What exactly do you propose?