elogind 239.2-1+debian1

Mark Hindley mark at hindley.org.uk
Thu Nov 29 08:56:50 GMT 2018

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 12:19:10AM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > For review, it is available at
> > https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/elogind/tree/debian.
>
> Thanks.  I assume that means the `debian' branch at
> https://git.devuan.org/LeePen/elogind ?
>
> I compared this to the thing I uploaded to sid, earlier, and there are
> quite substantial changes not mentioned in the changelog (including,
> it seems, changes to the changelog itself).

Thanks

> Is this work intentionally rebased compared to your `debian_WIP'
> branch that I used before ?

No, other than me trying to reconcile the different trees we have and prepare a
minimal set of changes between debian and devuan with a common master
branch. Sorry if I have made a mess of it.

> I think we need to document all the changes in some changelog entry or
> entries between the last one for the the sid upload, and the new one
> for the next sid upload.  To see what I mean, try this:
>   git-diff 3db0951280c4f5abae7fd50a7094c75e73df15ad
> b5409af62c35db39db2e5c25006f2bee7a42275f -- debian

OK. I will backout the inadvertent changelog changes and make sure all the other
changes are documented.

Are you still happy that the definitive git tree will be
https://git.devuan.org/devuan-pacakges/elogind.git?

> Also, since there is a new binary package here it will need to go
> through NEW again, although I imagine that will be quicker this time.

I don't see another way around that, otherwise we can't coinstall both
libelogind-dev and libsystemd-dev for the proposed policykit builds (other than
not shipping the elogind dev manpages).

> > Ian, I am unsure about your "dversionmangle=s/\+nosubmodule//" in
> > debian/watch. I think it is broken and should be in a comma separated list with
> > the filemangle option. I don't use dgit, does it still need to be there?
>
> Yes, we do still need it.  We need to maintain the submodule-stripped
> branch and add +nosubmodule to the version.  I will do that
> bureaucracy.  (Sorry I didn't manage to write that polemic against git
> submodules yet, although it might not change upstream's mind
> anyway...)
>
> As for the syntax: maybe I misunderstood the watch documentation in
> uscan(1) but AFAICT, `filenamemangle' and `dversionmangle' and so on
> are all things that appear in `opts'.  See `WATCH FILE OPTIONS'.  But
> now that I look at it again I think maybe I have my quoting wrong it
> should be something like this:
>
>   opts="filenamemangle=s/(?:.*)?v?(\d[\d\.]*)\.tar\.gz/elogind-$1.tar.gz/, dversionmangle=s/\+nosubmodule//" \
>  https://github.com/elogind/elogind/tags (?:.*/)?v?(\d[\d\.]*)\.tar\.gz

Yes, I think that is right.

Mark