Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sat Nov 17 09:12:24 GMT 2018

Mark Hindley writes ("Re: Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source"):
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 05:00:07PM +0000, Mark Hindley wrote:
> > > I looked at this commit in that tree:
> > >    https://github.com/markhindley/polkit/commit/bc36c6a3a3514fd4215fb7d2ccb8a633a01e4149
> > > and I worry that the Debian policykit maintainers won't like it very
> > > much.
>
> What do you think they will dislike? Specific things or the whole
> approach?

The whole approach, I think.  Although I am just guessing.  I'm sorry,
I didn't mean to derail you when you were making progress.

> It was really a proof of concept. I know it still needs work.

Right.  Much of what was there was an inevitable consequence of the
approach, though.

I will see if I can find some tim to dig into the polkit source to see
if I can't see a better way.  If not I may be able to at least produce
a convincing argument why it has to be done this way, that's better
than "we tried it the other way and it didn't work"...

Or maybe we should just ask the polkit maintainers what they think.

Regards,
Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.