Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Nov 16 16:31:38 GMT 2018

Mark Hindley writes ("Re: Elogind v239.1 Devuan/Debian combined source"):
>  - elogind 139.1+20181115-1
>  - policykit-1/experimental recompiled against elogind

What exactly do you mean by `recompiled against elogind' ?  Do you
mean `with libelogind-dev installed alongside libsystemd-dev' ?

>  - libpam-elogind-compat/experimental (but with the symlink deleted)
>  - lightdm/slim
>  - xfce/cinnamon/MATE
>  - "session optional pam_elogind.so" added to both files under /etc/pam.d/
>    the reference pam_systemd.so (lightdm-greeter and runuser-1).
>
> AFAICS everything works as expected, including suspend/reboot from
> the desktop in all combinations of DM and desktop.

If my supposition above is right, then I think this means we should
(as soon as elogind hits sid) file bugs:
 * policykit-1 asking for libelogin-dev to be added to B-D
 * lightdm and runuser asking for the pam config to be updated
 * anything that needed libpam-elogind-compat, asking for the
   dependency to be changed

Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.